Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Beginning of the transfer!

Update on my health:  I'm good!  I didn't have to go to the doctor or anything, although I had a continuous stomach ache for 8 days.  EIGHT. Blegh.  But I feel better now!  Thank you for checking up on me.  This week was a good week.  It was the end of the transfer.  Sister Camarillo and I will be staying together in Richmond again this transfer, thank goodness!  I still feel like there is a lot of work we need to do here in this specific area.  We've seen lots of miracles this past transfer, and we are expecting to see many more as we work hard this coming transfer.  Highlight of the week for sure was having 5 investigators in sacrament meeting!  We had a whole family come--mom, dad, two little kids--and then one of our investigators that has set aside church in favor of baseball for 3 weeks, but who finally committed and came to church! [J and B], the two kids we're teaching, also came.  What a blessing!  Sister Camarillo and I could barely contain our happiness.  The Lord is so merciful and blesses us so much every day.  Last night we had an awesome first appointment with a brother named [B].  We taught the first lesson and invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray to receive an answer, and he said, "Claro que si!  Si ustedes me dicen que han recibido una respuesta al leer y orar, yo lo hare tambien, porque quiero una respuesta!" ("Of course!  If you tell me you've received an answer by reading and praying, I'll do it too, because I want an answer!)  Such amazing faith!  I sometimes wonder what would have happened to me if I hadn't grown up with the gospel in my life.  I'm not sure I'd be able to exercise that much faith.  It's more evidence to me that our Heavenly Father knows what we need and knows the things we'll be able to handle in our mortal experience here.  The other highlight of the week lasted the whole week long--rain!  It rained buckets and buckets for about three days straight.  It was crazy! There are lots of hills here so the water was rushing down like rivers everywhere we went.  We went tracting in the rain though! Every day!  We even took a member with us one day!  It's weird how as a missionary, I do things that I would never normally do, like walk around in the freezing rain for an hour... and it makes me happy!  But it's not just walking around!  It's working to find those who are ready to receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when you work with a clear purpose in mind.  I'm really excited for this next transfer.  I feel like every day I'm coming to understand my purpose as a missionary a little better.  Sometimes when I think about what I've been called to do--invite others to come unto Christ--I feel overwhelmed.  But when I think about who's there to help me, and everyone who wants to share the gospel, missionary or not, I feel relief.  The power of the Holy Ghost is truly an amazing thing.  As Derek said, it's astounding to see how much change can occur through the Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment